Shelburne & Orangeville Fire Departments responded today to a house fire on County Rd #11 at the 25th Sideroad of Amaranth Twp. The home was destroyed, and thankfully no one was injured. Here are a few of the images of the fire.

[mbs slideshow=1]

Here is the excerpt from the Orangeville Banner’s Richard Vivian.
‘Accidental’ fire causes $125K in damages. Hot ashes from a wood stove set off an “accidental” residential fire near Shelburne this week, said Fire Chief Steven Horsley. Firefighters were called to a home on Dufferin Road 11, south of 25 Sideroad, at about 12:45 p.m. Monday (Jan. 11). “It started around the porch,” Horsley said of the fire. “It’s a total wood house, so it doesn’t take long to get going.” No one was injured in blaze. The only person inside the house when fire broke out was a female homeowner, Horsley said, explaining she called 911 and was waiting safely in the driveway when firefighters arrived. Damage is estimated at about $125,000, he said, noting the family has insurance.
“It (fire) came up the back of the house, up through the roof. … There are holes in the floor where it got down in some flooring,” Horsley said in describing damage to the house. “It was sort of in the basement, main floor, right up into the second floor and into the roof.” Firefighters remained on scene for about eight hours. A tanker truck and crew from Orangeville were called in to assist.
Asked if he wanted to offer any words of caution for people as a result of the fire, Horsley said, “If they do have wood stoves, these things (ashes) should be contained in metal buckets — taken out in a metal pail and left somewhere away from the house, still in that metal bucket until they cool down. Maybe leave them for a day or so.”